Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Sister's 2nd Birthday

April 29 was my sister's second birthday. My parents' schedule and weekends didn't quite align with the following weekend - so we settled for May 8th as the day to celebrate her birthday officially. Mommy had setup our backyard for the birthday celebration and turned it into little children's playground. And there were a few of them on that day. Too bad I am too young to get on any of the rides.

Mommy turned the backyard into a playground

My sister loves her Hi5 and therefore the theme was, you guessed it, Hi5. I spend quite a bit of time watching Hi5 myself since my sister hogs the TV every time we are in the living area. I have however developed a very matured taste of In the Night Garden. That's one program on the tele that gets my undivided attention when its on. Anyhow, Hi5 it was on her special day.

The birthday girl with my parents

My big sister has already learned to blow the candle - so the spotlight was on her to show it off. Challenge for her of course was to do that without getting the cake wet! I was asleep most of the party. All that fuss wasn't able to keep me away from my routine sleep. But I got up just before it was time for my sister to get to her cake. It was a cool party in the end - lots of food, toys and games, lots of bubbles and yummy treats. I can't wait for my 1st birthday. Boy, that promises to be a really cool event too.

My sister blows the candle as I looked on

No comments:

Post a Comment