Hello 2010!
Born towards the end of 2009, the new year came pretty soon for me. Soon after I made it to my first month, there I was celebrating a new year. Welcome 2010!
It's a big milestone for both my parents. 10 years back, in year 2000, they met each other for the first time. It was the same year they both moved to Sydney and set up their new lives. Little could they predict, 10 years on their life together and sprinkle of me and my sister on top ... perfect!
So 2010 it is. There's lot to look forward in it for me. This year I will turn one. A bit of a wait though. My sister will turn two soon. And between the two of us, I bet we will create a lot more 'firsts'.
For my parents, most of 2009 was carrying me in my mommy's tummy and making sure I come out just right. Mommy had a short stint at work in between maternity leaves.
With me being so small, there was no going out for the new years eve celebration. We settled for watching the fireworks on TV. We had a cozy midnight dinner set up at home. Uncle Jhovan joined us for that. But I was too sleepy as the clock hit 12 midnight. I slept into the new year.
Over the weekend, we had a pool breakfast party to welcome home tita Mitch's special friend, Stefan. It was a glorious morning to start with and daddy and my sister had a splash in the pool with their friends. Soon it turned cloudy and started to rain. All of that did not bother me a tiny bit - I was tucked in woolly wrap in my mommy's arms.
Ayesha and daddy enjoying summer morning
Later in the day, my parents had an appointment with ASG rep, Nafeesa. She had some beautiful gifts for me too. Mommy and daddy signed me up for the same scholarship fund they had for Ayesha. They also included their new feature of primary school fund. So I will get a nice little certificate like my sister has too! My parents have been advocating ASG plan to all their friends who has young kids or about to have one. It really sets in front me what they value most for me. It will be up to me though to make the most out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment