Monday, May 11, 2009

Nuchal scan

Mommy went to get another picture taken today - yes, of me. This one's called Nuchal scan. In English, it is a measure of risk of developing Down syndrome. Apart from the ultrasonogram, she also had to take a blood test. The results should be ready in couple of days and she'd then have to go to the OB to get the results assessed. Both mommy and daddy were excited. I have already formed my hands and legs and have some distinct facial features. They got more excited when I jumped up and down as the scan was being taken. I am a very active kid growing in her tummy.

My official age was readjusted by a couple of days, making the ETA 25th November instead. On that count, today I am a couple of day short of the first trimester. It's starting to get exciting for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment